Fliptronics II in een TAF

Heb je een herstelling of reparatie te doen? Anderen gingen je voor...
Wingwalker

Fliptronics II in een TAF

Bericht door Wingwalker » 12 okt 2013, 19:07

Ik las in een ander topic dat Joeri op zoek was naar een Fliptronics I PCB voor in een TAF. Even ter info: TAF is de enigste flipper met dit type van bordje, maar daarom hoef je ze niet te hamsteren of veel te betalen voor een replacement. Een Fliptronics II borje gaat er ook perfect in - zonder enige vorm van modificatie. De info stond vroeger op pinrepair.com. Gezien deze site al even off-line is, post ik de info hier even:
Fliptronics I versus Fliptronics II.
The first Fliptronics system was used in Addams Family and is known as "Fliptronics_I". This was the *only* game that used this sytle Fliptronics circuit board. All games after Addams Family (including Addams Family Gold) use the "Fliptronics_II" circuit board. The differences between these two boards is minor. The main difference is the Fliptronics_II circuit board has an on-board 70 volt DC power supply for powering the flipper coils. The Fliptronics_I system uses a separate circuit board (mounted on the right middle side of the backbox) for supplying the 70 volt DC flipper power.

Since the Fliptronics_I system was only used in Addams Family, many people look for a spare Fliptronics_I circuit board (why I am not sure as this board is easy to repair). The thinking being the Fliptronics_I board was only used in Addams and is fairly rare and hard to find as a spare. The good news is that a Fliptronics_II board *will* fit and work without any modifications in an Addams Family (so there is no need to look for the rare Fliptronics_I board as a spare, as any Fliptronics_II board will work in Addams Family). Here is the connector mapping for the conversion from Fliptronics-I to Fliptronics_II for the Addams Family (thanks to M.McAndrew for this info). Note using a Fliptronic_II board in an Addams Family makes the game play *no* different than the original Fliptronic_I board.

Using a Fliptronics_II board in an Addams Family:
•Fliptronics_II J902 = Fliptronics_I J802
•Fliptronics_II J905 = Fliptronics_I J805
•Fliptronics_II J906 = Fliptronics_I J806
•Fliptronics_II J904 = Fliptronics_I J804
•Fliptronics_II J903 = Fliptronics_I J803 (ribbon cable)
•Fliptronics_II connectors not used: J901, J907

Using a Fliptronics_II board in an Addams Family.
Power Driver board (only pertaining to flipper power section):
•J111 - Remove connector (disconnect) and do no use
•J112 - Leave connector
•J110 - Leave connector
•J109 - Leave connector

Using a Fliptronics_II board in an Addams Family.
Flipper Power Board board (small board, backbox middle right side):
•J901 - Leave connector
•J902 - Leave connector
•J903 - Leave connector
TAF | Dogies | IJ (WMS) | WH2O | CFTBL | RS | CV | WOZ ECLE
In memoriam: SC | TS | TZ | MM

Plaats reactie